Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Great Principal Speaks


“ I have been in the campus as a student, a teacher and principal for the last forty years with interludes of a maximum period of six years for my visits to the USA, UK and USSR and my brief spell as Principal at GM College, Sambalpur and Kahllikote College, Berhampur. I have naturally a deep sentimetal attachment for this college, my Alma Mater….this college is unique of its kind in the whole country.”
Dr Mahendra Kumar Rout in a Commemoration Day speech dated February 3, 1979.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Nana You are always innovative with great energy level. Very short and very attractive post. Banty

7:58 PM  
Blogger Essech said...

Thanks Bunty for your comments. All the best to you.

8:57 AM  
Blogger bahadur said...

Thank you for posting the speech. I appreciate it greatly. My father Dr.M.K.Rout was brilliant, kind and compassionate. He spent a lot of time on campus doing his job. Many people remember him walking around campus in a crisp white shirt and pants. He loved Ravenshaw College. I live in the United States and frequently I meet people who were once his students who speak very warmly about him. Thank you for remembering him.
P.S. I read the post yesterday.

Anuradha Rout Pattanayak

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home